Friday, August 19, 2011

My Flog for August 19 + Thinking Christmas

I think if I'm going to go off my Eating Plan for a few days, I should start soon, as so far I'm just eating the same way as all summer. Mmmmmm.

Just got back from Zellers, where two of my favourite Crafts'n'More customers caught me going through checkout with cheap acrylic yarn. Oops. But  I have 7 Christmas stockings to knit, and one cannot use nice soft acrylic yarn for that, or they would stretch to the floor when Santa stuffs 'em. So yes, for this, one needs the squeaky kind that sort of chafes one's fingers as one knits. 7 Christmas stockings - I don't know where my mind was, I have to learn to say "No." Well, one is for our little Dominik, and his mommy and daddy want me to put a donkey on the front, so I guess I'll have to dig up my designer skills for that one. I'm hoping a slight change to my reindeer chart will work, as long as I change colours, subtract the antlers, and add soft floppy ears and a dark cross on the back...wish me luck.
4 stockings from last year's batch

  • Breakfast - Toast and Coffee
  • Lunch - Fruit on the Bottom Yogurt, Banana
  • Dinner - Half a Thai take-out from Landsdowne Food Court - it wasn't very good, so Howard helped me out by eating what I didn't. Sometimes he's just as good as a doggie where left-overs are concerned. Don't tell him that though.
  • Snacks - A few Jelly Beans from the 25 cent machine at Zellers while I was waiting for him to visit the Little Boys' Room, Diet Pepsi 

No comments:

Post a Comment