Monday, August 8, 2011

My Flog for August 8 + Bus Manners (or Lack of Manners) + Cravings

Up and at 'em early this morning, one of those 'I'd better get up before Howard goes to work because if I don't get up I will probably sleep in and miss my bus and be late opening the store' mornings, which kinda sucks, really, especially when one has to get up before one is truly awake. I know he tries his best to wake me up, as he turns on his bedside lamp so it shines on my face. Personally, if it were me, I would just let me sleep, as I tend to get a bit touchy when the lamplight hits my eyelids.

Anyway, after wondering just how many bus riders went to Kindergarten, or should I say, passed Kindergarten - at least two this morning must have flunked as they had no idea the last to arrive shouldn't worm their way to the head of the line and be the first (or second) to slide onto the bus - I spent my bus ride imagining myself inserting a McDonald's Sausage and Egg McMuffin with Cheese into my salivating mouth, and it took all my will power to prevent my feet from carrying my mouth to the southeast corner of Moncton and No 1 Road. I went instead to Subway, and imagined myself eating one of their pathetically horrible breakfast sandwiches, and that helped a bit, so I bought a Yogurt and Fruit Parfait instead.

It was a really busy day at the store, too many things to do, and too many customers getting in the way. Now I'm home and feel real crappy - I think maybe an early night.

  • Breakfast - Toast with Jam, and Coffee
  • Lunch - Pea Soup and Veggie Sandwich  -  I don't mean a Pea Soup and Veggie Sandwich, but a bowl of Pea Soup plus a Veggie Sandwich on the side, just in case you're wondering who on earth would order a Pea Soup and Veggie Sandwich, and how one would keep it from getting really soggy befoe one ate it - from Steveston Bakery. Yum squared.
  • Dinner - Roast Pork, Mashed Potatoes, Corn - thanks Shannon.
  • Snacks - Yogurt w/Fruit, Cherries and Strawberries, Iced Mocha

No comments:

Post a Comment