Thursday, August 4, 2011

My Flog for August 4 + Internet Recipe Tryouts - Wish us Luck...

  • Breakie - Toast and Coffee
  • Lunch - Beans (love Heinz Beans, but I didn't eat the whole can - just less than half! Oops. Beans are the only food I would ever eat out of a can - not sayin' I did, just sayin'....
  • Dinner - Sloppy Joe Pie w/Oven Baked Fries  - http://allrecipes.com.au/recipe/9459/oven-baked-potato-chips.aspx and I'll post the link for the pie when I figure out how to do it right - or at least better. The bottom part was great, but the top - not so much. But Howard et al simply loved the Fries - guess there's a lot of chopping in my future
  • Snacks - Grapes, Diet Pepsi, a big fat Chocolate Chip Oatmeal cookie, and wine gums....oh well, I walked about 2 1/2 miles today - that should even out the calories from the cookie.....maybe....
After eating Beans for lunch, I have such a full tummy, I don't even want to think about food. Sigh. I was going to buy ramen noodles for lunch, actually, since I haven't had them for ages, but after checking the nutrition label I changed my mind. The numbers were based on half a pack - I tell you, who only eats half a pack of these instant noodly things with little bits of cardboard veggies and bouillon package? Huh? - and I got as far as seeing 29 grams of fat..in half a pack. If I was going to eat that, I would rather just go for the Mozza Burger.

So I walked up to IGA to get stuff to make dinner, and am trying out 3 new recipes I found online. Not a lot of cooking/prep work for a hot day, but I'm going to make some Chocolate Chip Cookies now and see if I can hide them before Shannon gets home with the boys, so it will be a surprise dessert. Although if Neil drops in unexpectedly, the surprise may be on me when I look for them after he leaves. My problem will be doing a taste test and stopping at one - that's been my lifelong downfall, stopping at just one cookie.

Well, after another (unexpected) trip to IGA for butter, the cookies are now being baked - and the kids are home. Tanner was rather pleased when he saw the first batch cooling on the table, so I had to tell him they were broccoli-potato-scallop-onion pancakes. He seemed fine with the first three ingredients, but the onion part sent him off sadly.

`"Nanny, I thought they were cookies."

I`m such a bitch sometimes. It's a wonder anyone loves me at all.

Feeling so bad - I gave everyone a cookie, and everyone, including me, loved them, except Shannon. She said they were bland. Huh. I'll post a link to the recipe so you can try them yourself, and I will definitely make them again. I think they are really healthy too, as they don't have any white sugar in them (smile.)
http://www.eaglebrand.ca/recipes-details.aspx?rid=1858

So that's it for today. I will hopefully enjoy my dinner - it's bubbling away in the oven. To tell the truth, it looks like we may have to get something delivered, the pie looks a bit strange - but we will see. I'm going to assume it will turn out the way it's supposed to, and if I close the blog post now I won't eat anything else until breakie. I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment