Sunday, August 28, 2011

My Flog for August 28 + New Beginnings

Here we are, in an emptying house. I came home from work to see lots of carpet in the living room and dining room, the result of Neil and Shannon moving into their new place in Ladner. It's so exciting for them, they have a beautiful new home, and it's always exciting to start again. I know.

They have until midnight tomorrow night to move everything, or else it will all be on the sidewalk. (I bet you all think I'm kidding. Actually I am.)

It will be strange to live in a quiet house again, if only for 4 weeks. I know we'll just get used to the sounds of silence when we'll be off to move in with Steve and Nikkie for a few months, and then KAPOW - we'll have to get used to another way of life. Because Howard's hand is giving him trouble again, he will probably need surgery in the near future, so we decided not to sign any lease on a new place until he starts getting his really old age pension in January - then we'll decide what to do after that. The best scenario is that we will win a lottery, and everyone will live happily and richly together forever and ever.

  • Breakfast - Toast w/Jam and Coffee
  • Lunch - Veggie Sandwich, Iced Mocha
  • Dinner - Veggie Soup
  • Snacks - Grapes, Yogurt w/Fruit on the Bottom




1 comment:

  1. Oh my, Tamar! I hear sadness in this post and with reason for it, to be sure. I think all will end up well though. I'm praying for the lottery for wonderful you and your family! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete