Tuesday, August 9, 2011

My Flog for August 9 + TV Shows + Our Weekly Date

I was lucky this morning to get a ride to work in a great big tow truck - thanks, Neil, really appreciate it. Since I arrived an hour early, I put in a free hour of work - why not, I was there anyway. I'd rather hang up embroidery floss than sit or stand on a crowded bus.
  • Breakfast - Toast w/Jam and Coffee
  • Lunch - Veggie Sandwich from Steveston Coffee Co - lots of yummy veggies w/mayo and mustard on half a whole grain baguette, Iced Latte (I think. I thought I ordered an Iced Mocha but this was definitely not an Iced Mocha, so I probably ordered an Iced Latte instead. At least now I won't have to wonder what an Iced Latte tastes like - it's actually pretty crappy)
  • Dinner - A 2-egg omelet and 2 slices of bread - aka an egg sandwich! ..and diet Pepsi
  • Snacks - A slice of Iced Lemon Loaf - now that's a change from Yogurt and Fruit, although technically, lemons are fruit, 2 grapes
I sorta kinda would like something different to chow down on, but I think I'll be going to bed soon, so maybe I'll just dream about a chocolate buffet or something like that.S'mores would be good but I don't think there will be a fire tonight, and even if there was, I would probably be asleep anyway.

I have two favourite new shows - well, they are not really new, they are old, but new to me. One is The Big Bang Theory, and one is The Sopranos. I think I relate to Big Bang because it is about smrt people with no social skills (like Young Me when I'd be sober) and to The Sopranos because....well, I can't really think of a reason I would relate to a Mafia family. I just like the show. I'm beginning to realize that Americas Got Talent is crap, Cupcake Wars has to be fixed - come on now, who can bake 1000 cupcakes in 2 hours, get real, and who can build an elaborate fixture for displaying them in same amount of time. I guess I am just getting cynical in my old age.

However, since it is Tuesday night, my hubby and I have a standing date to carry out the garbage and recycling, so .....to all a goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment