Wednesday, August 24, 2011

My Flog for August 24 + An Old Story

What a hot day in the store - outdoors the wind tempered the heat of the sun somewhat, but the little fans in the store weren't really making a difference. Tomorrow is supposed to be hotter, but at least I don't have to work, I can just sit or lie around the house all day and sweat.

A customer came in to buy some birthday candles just before I closed . She made a cake for her daughter, and was surprised that a 17 year old wanted 17 candles on her cake. I was surprised that she never thought to put 17 candles on the cake. So I sold her some birthday candles and sparklers, and reminded her if she didn't put candles on her daughter's cake, then she would be unlikely to get any on hers in the future. It reminded me of a story I wrote a few years ago, my first Rose story, and you may enjoy reading it if you haven't already -  http://tamarsdayoff.blogspot.com/p/roses-stories.html


  • Breakfast - Toast w/Jam and Coffee
  • Lunch - Veggie Sandwich on a half whole grain baguette, Yogurt w/Fruit on the Bottom
  • Dinner - Dinner was a mixture of good things with bad things: Boiled Potatoes....with gravy, Corn on the Cob with salt and Becel, Green Salad with Thousand Islands Dressing....plus asparagus
  • Snacks - Iced Mocha, Diet Pepsi, Grapes

No comments:

Post a Comment