Saturday, December 31, 2011

A Look Back At My Resolutions For 2011 - With Updates, Of Course!

It's another brand new year, just waiting for my footprints to scuffle over it during the next 365 days. I had no intentions of either making or keeping New Year Resolutions, until I came across a list of the most popular self-promises for 2011, and decided that I may indeed live better and learn more if I also joined the bandwagon and resolved to make some resolutions, regardless of my intentions to carry them through for 12 months.

1. Lose weight (1,057 votes) Strangely enough, this is the most popular resolution of the year. However, since I found that resolving this never brought me the self-inclination to eat like a mouse and exercise like a hamster, I have decided that my 2011 resolution will be to gain weight instead. If, like all my previous resolutions, I break this one, I may just lose weight by the end of the year. If not, sadly enough, it will be one of the few resolutions I've ever kept.
(Well, I didn't keep this one, and guess what? I lost weight. This one I will definitely resolve again for 2012.)

2. Be happy (684 votes) I will resolve to be happy, even if it kills me. Chances are, if I'm surrounded by lemon meringue pies, chocolate cake, and Scottish Tablet (trying to keep Resolution #1), I will be happy anyway.
(Well, I was happy - also I was sad, angry, pissed off, rofl-ing, depressed, stressed out - but I got through the year anyway, and will try this year to be even more happy. I will practise a big stretchy false smile to wear whenever I need one - just avoid looking into my murderous eyes
3. Save money (636 votes) Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha...see how good I am at keeping Resolution #2 now?
(Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha .... etc)
4. Fall in love (554 votes) On February 2, I plan to fall in love with our 8th grandbaby .. to tell the truth, I've already started on this one...
(Yup, kept this one - Dommie is the such a cute little bundle of joy - now he crawls, has teeth, and keeps his mommy on her toes.)
5. Get a job (515 votes) I think not. I already have a job. So I'll change this one, also. I resolve to win the lottery so I can quit my job. There. That's more like it. And when I do win the lottery, I will be kind, but I will not be supercrazyoutofmymind kind, so when you make your list - have a plan B, okay? For example, you could ask for a brand new car....or a book of bus tickets.
(This year I would like to quit my job - the transit is doing me in. Still resolve to win the lottery though.)
6. Read more (433 votes) Well, Du - uh. I'm already three quarters of the way through Stephen King's new book. It's un-put-downable, in fact if I wasn't watching Coronation Street as I type this, I would be reading it right now.
(Stephen King's new book 11/22/63 is by my side right now, and I'm looking forward to his new Dark Tower one coming out in April. Keeping this resolution.)
7. Eat, drink, try or learn something new (378 votes) Well, the eating and drinking part shouldn't be hard, but if I do try to eat something new, it will be cooked (sushi's out), it won't have tentacles (squid is out), and it probably will be a variation of something I eat anyway - maybe I'll try a different Pizza place...oh I know...I'll try the East Indian Style Chinese Food from the restaurant we passed on our way to Steve's house in Surrey. Drinking something new? Maybe after trying the EISC Food I may try a bottle of Pepto Bismol...mmmm. And finally - learning something new? Well, that's gonna be easy peasy, as I'm always forgetting stuff, each day brings a learning experience...or should I say a re-learning experience?
(Did this one - Spinach Salad, which I love, Prawns, which I hate (yech.) Learning something new? Always!)
8. Quit Smoking (345 votes) Been there, done that.
(Ditto)
9. Take a photo every day for a year (266 votes) Well, I don't think I would remember to do that - when I think of the number of times I've gone somewhere and forgotten the camera - see #7. 
(Now I have a cell phone with a camera, this one would be easier - if I was faster at finding it)
10. Run a marathon Maybe after eating the EISC Food and drinking a bottle of Pepto Bismol, I may run to the bathroom. But that's about it.
(No marathon, but lots more walking and Skytrain steps - I think I cured my knee by walking and climbing stairs!)
So there's my year's list. I'll add one more:
I resolve to wish all my friends, family, and readers (both of them), the best of new years, good health, tons of happiness,  and enough wisdom to enjoy each and every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment