Sunday, December 4, 2011

My Flog for December 4 + Where Have All The Normal People Gone?

Long long 6-hour day at work, only two people on board today, and it was tremendously busy. Was walking home from the SkyTrain station when Howard called me - he was at the SkyTrain station waiting for me to get off the train - guess we missed each other by THAT much (as Agent 86 often said. If you don't know who Agent 86 is, then you need to Get Smart.) Anyway, he was a bit ticked off because he missed me, although I had no idea he was walking up to meet me, but since I missed him, it was obviously my fault and once again I got shoved in the proverbial Dog House.

Customers are starting to get rude. I went to bag someone's purchase and she actually snarled at me (keeping to the dog theme.) "I SAID I didn't want a bag."  So I had to apologize, even though it wasn't my fault I didn't hear her - my co-worker was asking me something at the same time and even though I have two ears, they tend to work in stereo and hear the same sounds.

And - talking about ears - a couple of seats ahead of me on the bus were  two guys - and one of them, I noticed,  had what I thought was black fungus on the back of his ear - my eyes aren't very good any more. Closer investigation showed it was actually a black shiny circle around the size of a quarter, and there were two of them, with his earlobe squeezed in between. Looked painful. But then I noticed his buddy - he had white shiny circles squashing his earlobes together, and they were at least 1 1/2 inches in diameter. Now, I may tend to exaggerate on times, but not now. At first I thought they covered his whole ear, and wondered how he could hear, but NO - they were on his earlobe only, and his earlobe was stretched so much, scrunched between these two disks, it looked like a white Oreo cookie with a pink earlobe filling. Gross. So I tried to take a unobtrusive pic with my phone, but I think the guy in the seat in front of me thought I was taking his pic, cos he turned sideways, obviously to keep an eye on me. I was going to post the pic, but if the subject ever reads my flog, I may be in trouble, so you'll just have to use your imagination. It did remind me of a song though...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzPt3Y2E_Rc
... and I'm afraid he would have to answer "Yes" to the first two questions, because they did indeed hang low, and they wobbled to and fro every time he shook his head, banging off his collar and swinging in the opposite direction.
  • Breakfast - Toast and Coffee
  • Lunch - Chicken Soup and Yogurt
  • Dinner - Spinach Salad and canned Peaches (leftover from Yesterday's Cake)
  • Snacks - Small piece of Yesterday's Cake, Nutrigrain bar (guess which was tastier?), grapes

No comments:

Post a Comment