Friday, December 2, 2011

My Flog for December 2 + The Art of Drinking Coffee

Buying a cup of coffee from Tim Hortons to warm up hands and tummy on a cold walk isn't always a great idea. First of all, in order to drink the darn stuff, you have to push the sippy part open, which always results in coffee spilling over gloves or hands...whatever. Then some coffee lies in the indentations of the lid, ready to drip onto your jacket as you raise the cup for a drink.

However, Tim Hortons staff don't think this is enough to start your day, so they double cup your coffee, which effectively turns your cup into a very effective dribble cup. I imagine the staff in the back peek out the window, bent over with laughter as they watch the poor customers walk up the road wiping their chins. Unfortunately, this was pretty early in the morning, and I didn't realize it until I had half the coffee gone - one quarter of it in my tummy, and the other quarter on my gloves, coat, chin and sleeves (from wiping my chin.) Second cup in the garbage, and the rest of my coffee went down without a problem

I don't know why teenagers can't wait to be grown up. Grown up is really hard.
  • Breakfast - Toast and Coffee
  • Lunch - Leftover Shepherd's Pie
  • Dinner - Home Made Best Ever Chicken Soup, Beans w/Onions & Red Peppers & Bacon, Fresh Rolls (Yes, I Baked Bread today! I also Scrubbed Floor, Made Soup, Walked to Walmart and did 4 Loads of Laundry.)
  • Snacks - 3 Candy, Pudding, Diet Pepsi, and 1 Saltine Cracker
I guess I'm making up for years of Capital Letter un-use.

However, my walk to Walmart was a celebration of a beautiful fall day - it may be December, but the sun, sky and earth were absolutely delightful!


No comments:

Post a Comment