Friday, December 16, 2011

My Flog for December 15 - After Two Day Offs, I Need A Day Off

Up early at Pauline's house, after a restless night without the sound of anyone's snoring to lull me to sleep. She drove me to the bus loop at 7 am, and I bused and trained to Surrey in time for Lizzie's pres-school, as I wanted to see her sing with her little buddies for their Christmas party. It was really nice to see Christmas in their room, a tree, and all sorts of crafts - Christmas songs on the CD player. There are some schools, in Richmond anyway, that won't even have a tree in case someone gets offended. Chris and Lizzie's school seem to have it right - celebrate the whole kit and caboodle and to hell with it!

Lizzie was of course utterly cute. She sang with the other kiddies, but she also danced in her spot, as she's a little ballerina at heart.

After that, it was home, where I caught an episode of Coronation Street (I am soooo far behind), and then it was off to the mall to try and get a little bit caught up on Christmas. Geez. I hate malls, and Surrey Central is pretty sucky. Couldn't even find a place in the Food Court to get a Coffee and Muffin. Imagine that. There is a Tim Horton's there somewhere, tucked in some elusive corner, but I've yet to find it.

Howard and I decided to eat out, so went to Boston Pizza, where they had racks of ribs on special. He ordered a Full Rack, I ordered a Half Rack, and when the server brought it I asked if Howard's was the right order because his plate was identical to mine as far a ribs were concerned. He said it was. But at the end of the meal, we noticed he had 7 bones on his plate,where I had 6 - not a hell of a lot more food for $5 extra. When I mentioned it to the gal who brought us the bill, she said there should have been a difference, and she got her manager, a slip of a gal who said it went by weight and not amount. If it had weighed more, it would have looked bigger, I would have thought. So we're not going back there. Ever. The food was mediocre anyway. The salad was good though.

After dinner, Howard dragged me through the mall again, then made me wait in the truck until he went to the Liquor Store to get some wine. Then home - where I fed the kiddies (all three of them), and kidnapped the two little monsters so their daddy could do some homework in peace. We curled up in my bed and watched The Snowman Video, and Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer on CBC. As we were watching that one, their daddy came down and curled up beside us too - so when Poppy came down to go to bed he was a bit ticked off - but we stayed and he went trudging upstairs again, grumbling all the way - Ho Ho Ho.
  • Breakfast - Coffee and 2 Biscuits at Pauline's House. Don't even think of asking how she got the froth on the coffee.
  • Lunch - A little plate of East Indian home-cooking that Nikkie snuck home for me from Lizzie's Christmas Party at pre-school, and raisin bread
  • Dinner - Last meal ever at Boston Pizza, ribs, mashed potatoes, garlic toast and salad. And water.
  • Snacks - Grape Pop

No comments:

Post a Comment