Tuesday, December 6, 2011

My Flog for December 6 + WARNING - Do Not Drink and Read...just sayin'

I find I'm being very creative during my transit rides, as poems, songs and ditties skip through my brain at incredible speed. However, as soon as I hop off, all 'train' of thought disappears, like fog in the early morning sun.

So I think it's time I started carrying a notebook with me - it would probably come in very handy for lots of things, like remembering my phone number, address, and the number of stamps to buy for Christmas Cards. And, of course, remembering to mail these same Christmas Cards. I think I have some addressed and stamped from the first year we were married - just waiting for Howard to drop them in the mail.

However - I didn't need a notebook for this one - a 'new' store in the 'Asian' part of Richmond, which I noticed this morning as I was sitting on the nearest side on the bus - get this - LICENSED SEX SHOP. (Geez, sometimes it's just too easy.....)

So I wonder - what on earth would they sell where you'd need a license to either sell it or use it? And what kind of license? Maybe a driver's licence for a very large vibrator on wheels, so you could just hop on and have an enjoyable ride to the corner store? Maybe a gun license in case your partner starts or finishes without you? I don't know. Maybe I'm just too old or too square now.  Maybe they have a liquor license, so you could order a beer or a Scotch while you're browsing around (and no, no comments here, please, these synonyms always seem to pop in every now and then)?

Or maybe they just have a License to Thrill.

This actually reminds me of the shortest conversation I've ever had with my son, Steve. He called while I was driving around with my buddy Marina (we do Yarn Store Crawls) and asked if I had any double A batteries at home. I said, "If I do, they would be upstairs. I don't have anything in the bedroom that takes batteries." I guess he heard Marina and me laughing, so he said a very loud, "Bye, Mom," and hung up.

  • Breakfast - Toast w/Cheez Whiz
  • Lunch - Broccoli/Cheese Soup from a new soup place across the road from work. Didn't make the grade, unfortunately - watery, bland, and the broccoli had the sh*t blended out of it.
  • Dinner - 2 Sausages, Scrambled Eggs, and a slice of homemade Bread w/margarine
  • Snacks - Grapes, Water, 4 Tootsie Roll candies

No comments:

Post a Comment