Friday, December 16, 2011

My Flog for December 14 - Let the Part-eh Begin!

Busy, busy day. Up early, got the kiddies ready for school, and did my week's worth of laundry. Sometimes it's good no to have too many clothes, as two loads did it all. Then it was a walk to the SkyTrain station, on which I was accompanied by a strange woman (therefore, a Stranger) who was too utterly nice to me and told me half her life story, and who I managed to evade by not crossing the street where I usually cross. My first snack of the day was going to be a coffee and muffin at Tim Horton's on the way, but I had the feeling if I went in there, she would have tagged along. And from what she said, I would have been right. Anyway, training and busing at 1 pm is a lot nicer than early morning and evening commutes, as there was tons of empty spaces on both bus and train, and it was a nice change to see all the scenery in the daylight. 

I got off at the Richmond Centre to pick up my Knitting magazines (my monthly fix,) then met Marina, my friend and co-worker, and we went to her place for coffee, and then walked to the Boathouse Restaurant for our staff Christmas Dinner. The food was great, we had a few laughs, but unfortunately, no bonus this year. Yet. I still have til next Tuesday but my hopes of getting a bonus this year are very slim - we shall see. We always got them at our Christmas Dinner, and last year I even got mine before that. I shall, however, wait another few days before I call on Clark Griswold's cousin Eddie for help.

Because I didn't want to make the hour and half commute home to Surrey late at night, I slept over at my buddy (and co-worker) Pauline's house, and after sneaking around other people's empty houses for a while, we chatted for an hour or so before we called it a night!
  • Breakfast - Toast and Coffee
  • Lunch - Raisin Bread Toast
  • Dinner - Well, we could write about it 2 ways. 
  1. Appetizers - a few Yam Fries, and a piece of either shrimp or prawns, something rubbery and disgusting, and I probably wouldn't have taken it if I had drank - drunk - drinked - the Drink first, Chicken, Potatoes and Green Beans, a Brownie, and a Drink, or
  2. Maple Roasted Chicken Breast with Garlic Mashed Potatoes and Seasonal Vegetables, with a Decadent Warm Brownie covered with Chocolate Sauce, Ice Cream and Whipped Cream on the Side, and a Singapore Sling (there was my shot of gin - and Cherry Liqueur - and whatever else was in there. I have no idea.)
  • Snacks - I didn't have time to have snacks. I probably would have had something if I had time.

No comments:

Post a Comment