Sunday, December 25, 2011

My Flog for December 25 - IT'S CHRISTMAS DAY

Christmas - there it was, gone. Not too much of an early morning start - I myself didn't get up until 8:30, to find my son making breakfast for everyone. Nice. Fresh coffee too. Then the usual morning of stocking diving and gift unwrapping, plus chocolate sampling of course, and cookie checking (for freshness.)

After lunch (a red one, a purple one, and a green one) I made 2 lemon pies to take to Neil, as he kept telling me I owed him 2 lemon pies for fixing my friend's car. I'm not sure how I ended up being the one who owed the debt, however, I am one to please. Everything started out fine, breaking the eggs, dropping the whites into a small dish first (just in case a bit of yellow got tangled with the white) then into a bowl, then  tossing the yolks in the pot for cooking. Until I got to Egg Number 4 and threw the yolk in with the egg whites, thereby rendering all my whites useless for meringue. Crap. Had to start all over again for the whites, then lost count of how many I had, and ended up adding a couple more just in case. So I had mountains of meringue on two really good pies. I'm actually amazed I managed yet another successful baking attempt, after a rather bleary run of goodies.  Plus of course the makings of a high cholesterol omelet in the fridge for tomorrow.

Now it's almost 9pm and bed is really close. 
  • Breakfast - Bacon, Scrambled Eggs, Toast and Coffee - Thanks, Steve, for making Christmas Breakfast.
  • Lunch - ??? Quality Street Chocolates
  • Dinner - Shannon and Neil served up Christmas Dinner this year - turkey, mashed potatoes, carrots, turnips, broccoli, gravy, cranberry sauce - yum yum yum and thank ya! - allowing me to have a quiet relaxing day at home....
  • Snacks http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCoGDzKrfXU

No comments:

Post a Comment