Tuesday, December 13, 2011

My Flog for December 13 + Beam Me Home, Scotty - PLEASE!

I am beginning to not like the commute home from work. Early morning isn't too bad, it's like travelling with some of the 7 Dwarves (Grumpy, Dopey, Sleepy, with the occasional Sneezy thrown in), everyone is half asleep and not babbling away, but the evening? Sucks big time. Last night one lady (?) flopped down on the seat beside me - well, not only on the seat beside me, but also on  parts of me that were on my own seat, and tonight another so called lady decided her honking big purse could sit on my seat, as I guess she wanted all of her seat to herself. 

I said to her, "Oh, do you want my seat too? One isn't enough for you?" 

She answered, "Excuse me?" and moved when another seat became available - one with an empty seat beside it so she didn't have to share her seat with her purse. And lucky me got another broad with a big bag. At least she said "Sorry" when she banged it against my side. 

I intentionally tuck myself into one seat only, and far enough in that I have no parts at all on the seat next to me, to the extent that there is usually about 4 -5 inches of my seat to spare. But I don't want to share those inches with other people's butts, thighs, or bags...maybe I should say purses instead of bags. 

I am definitely not a friendly commuter. Last night a woman with a walker took up 4 seats at the front of the bus, two to sit on - she sat right in the middle of the bench seat so no one could sit by her, and shoved up the 2 wheelchair seats for her walker. And that's fine, if she needs a walker. However, when we got to the sky train station, she went up the elevator, and then she booted it to the head of the train - and I mean booted it. I've never seen a walker travel so fast, it was amazing, I wouldn't have been surprised to see sparks flying from the wheels. She could have easily won a hundred yard dash. I know I tend to be judgemental, but anyone that could move that fast has no need of a walking aid. She just wanted a chair on hand at all times. 

Morning commute - quiet, everyone is still half asleep, like I said. Evening - everyone has shopping bags that bang on your legs if you're sitting on the outside, or back packs that tend to swing millimetres from your face as their owners pass by. If a person doesn't have a buddy to talk to (or yell at to be heard) they are on cell phones, or listening to earphones that share the ugliest kind of so-called music to everyone within a 3 foot radius. And if you're lucky enough to be sitting on a seat that is separating two halves of a couple, then you will be inundated with a steady stream of loud conversation flowing between your ears. 

My poor shadow spends most of the commute banging her head against a brick wall. 
  • Breakfast - Frosted Flakes - I thought there was no bread, but after I had my cereal, I found half a loaf. Oh well. I didn't have coffee either, not then - I had been awake since 3am, having and getting over an asthma attack. Okay now, though.
  • Brunch - You probably know by now - a Sausage McMuffin and huge coffee from McDonald's. I thought I had ordered a Sausage and Egg McMuffin, but obviously someone wasn't listening as when I got to the store to gobble it down, there the egg wasn't. I ate it anyway.
  • Lunch - Hot Chocolate, half a veggie sandwich from the coffee shop next door - but it wasn't as good as usual. The whole grain baguette was tough. Blah. And a yogurt.
  • Dinner - Left over pasta from last night, and a chocolate cake finger thingie that Howard bought at the store.
  • Snacks - I know you are saying, she definitely doesn't need any snacks, however - a Trans Fat Free Pudding, ONE only candy and a Banana

No comments:

Post a Comment