Wednesday, December 28, 2011

My Flog for December 28

Oh my, it was so hard to get up at quarter after six this morning when my alarm went off - in fact it was so hard I didn't get up until six-thirty. Then I had to stumble upstairs to make coffee (yes, indeedy, there were no Coffee Fairies around that early in the morning, when everyone else was continuing with their holidays and I was the only poor fool who had to work.)

Our Boxing Day (Week) Sale consisted of Yarn and Christmas Stuff, and the place was mobbed with shoppers looking for deals. It was crazy, short-staffed as usual, and my mood didn't improve as the day wore on. Although I did work with Pauline, so that was a joyful part of the day. We had people who wanted more sale discounts on yarn that was already discounted, and people who wanted refunds on stuff that we do not refund (we actually do no refunds at all.) All in all, a good day if you owned the store or got a percent of the daily take - but a lousy day if you had to deal with cranky customers for an hourly wage. I'm hoping tomorrow will be better, but for some reason I doubt it.
  • Breakfast - Toast and Coffee
  • Lunch - Spinach Salad - the label said it was best before Dec. 26, and this is Dec 28., but  I took my chances and feel okay so far, Fruit/Granola Cup, Hot Chocolate
  • Dinner - BBQ Chicken from the grocery store deli, potato salad, coleslaw, and half a roll - it would have been a full roll, but a little Lizzie Bear stole first one small piece, then the other half, Jello
  • Snacks - 2 Chocolate Covered Cookies, Pudding, and 3 Quality Street chocolates
I'm sorry my Flogs have turned so boring lately, but I guess by now you've realized I do have a rather boring life. Oh well, who knows what may happen in the New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment