Saturday, December 31, 2011

My Flog for December 31 + Let The Good Times Roll.....(into bed, that is)

Here we are, at the arse-end of another year, only a few hours to go here on the West Coast to make a good solid contribution to the world. Hope the world isn't waiting....

So far, after shoving late shoppers out of the store with unfriendly thoughts, and a wonderful ride home in a big blue truck, we/I have:
  • tossed skirt and sweater, and donned (as in, Don we now our gay apparel) jammie pants and oversized T
  • breathed in toxic smoke from a backyard fire, where my husband was burning Christmas waste - the sound of sirens in the air (as in, no longer Silent Night)  made him douse the fire rather quickly, and no wonder, as he started to burn boxes with plastic packaging and the air was white with smoke and rather smelly. I think he forgot there is a Fire Station just down the street.
  • made Special Grilled Cheese Sandwiches (not really by request, but the choice was Scrambled Eggs or Grilled Cheese, and Grilled Cheese got the majority vote, even though when I presented them with a side of potato chips, the voter announced he 'didn't like them' and his little sister said she would 'eat them after The Cat In The Hat Knows A Lot About That.' Their Poppy was warned not to 'help' them clean their plates, as there is a game of Shrek Memory waiting for good little children who eat all their supper.
  • sang boat songs, eg Chris/Lizzie Row Your Boat Ashore and Row Row Row Your Boat Gently Down The Stream as the kids found a perfect cardboard box, or should I say scow - for rowing your boat ashore in
  • am babysitting the kids as their parents are gone to a movie - and I'm doing a fine job of it, down here on computer while the kids are upstairs with their Poppy - I know he's 'helping' them eat their sandwiches.
  • helped the kids tidy their room - actually they helped by staying in the living room and watching TV
  • played a game of Shrek Memory with Steve, Lizzie and Chris - the kids beat the socks off us so-called adults
  • put the broom in Nikkie's hands and watched her sweep the kitchen floor - a highlight for the year! Yeah! Cel - e - br - ate Good Times....
Now, even though it is only 7:30, I feel like it is already past midnight, and may soon join my snoring snorting husband in bed, although I will probably watch TV and wander upstairs just before midnight, assuming I'm still awake.

OOPS - Almost forgot the flog part of my Flog!

  • Breakfast - Toast and Coffee
  • Lunch - Pea Soup, Roll, Yogurt
  • Dinner - 1/2 Grilled Cheese Sandwich, Diet Pepsi
  • Snacks - Banana, Fruit Cake, Cookies (don't ask how many, 2 or 3 or maybe 4? I have no idea) and 3 QS chocolates.

Hope everyone has the best of New Years - happy, healthy, and hanging onto every word I tap ....

No comments:

Post a Comment