Thursday, December 22, 2011

My Flog for December 22 + It's How Many Days To Christmas? Huh?

Up just after 5 this morning, to work on the darned donkey. Got down past his paws, and now am ready to turn the heel. Will finish before tomorrow morning or I won't go to bed - I hope that doesn't have to happen though, as I hate to imagine what the foot of the sock would look like if I did it in an exhausted stupor. The worst thing that could happen has happened - the green is running out. Looks like this particular stocking will have a very long toe....

Baking today, Cherry Cake, Marshmallow Squares, and half a Snowball recipe - just didn't work out, it wouldn't stick together and I ended up throwing the other half away. Never again will I make these bloody tasty Snowballs. Tomorrow will be Shortbread, Peach Fruit Cake and Butter Tarts, I think. 
  • Breakfast - Toast and Coffee. I won't say how much toast, but lots of coffee. 
  • Lunch - Roast Beef and Cheddar Sandwich, Diet Pepsi
  • Dinner - Salmon Cakes
  • Snacks - 1 candy. I wouldn't write this down but Nikkie saw me and would probably blab, pudding, a piece of Marshmallow Square that didn't set properly (yet) so was sticky and gooey and unwanted by two of my grandchildren, and a small slice of Cherry Cake (quality control - it's a wonderful job but someone has to do it)
I am really tired again tonight, and tomorrow will be another early rise as I have to put finishing touches on the stocking. And do the hardest job of all - persuade my hubby to do the last minute shopping with me. He does get off early, so he should have no excuse, like today when he got off work and was too tired to drive me to Walmart - because he just had to have onions in his salmon cakes and we had none - but, to make this sentence even longer, a couple of hours after I WALKED there, a mile and a half, you understand, each way, (but Steve did come pick me up so I didn't have to walk home,) Howard WALKED to the Beer Store, which is about a 15 minute walk each way.....

No comments:

Post a Comment