Tuesday, May 1, 2012

My Flog for May 1

Finally - 4 whole day offs stretching in front of me! I know I have a lot of Stuff to unpack and put away, but that's fine with me, I want to accomplish lots of things. Who knows, I may even get some walking, or even biking, in. If only one of my men would fatten up my bike tires with a puff of air. Even if I knew how, I would be scared to do that as I would probably blow up the tire - I mean, as in blow it apart, as in pieces, as in 'What the hell happened here?' when everyone got home and saw tiny bits of tire all over the side of the house.

Last night, about 4 o'clock, we were wakened by a huge crash. Howard's first words were "Damn cat!" and my first thoughts were, "Kitty knocked over a TV, or a mirror, or jumped out a closed window." I guess when he's the only other being in the house, he going to get blamed when things go wonky. Anyway, on two close inspections when we got up, we found nothing out of place, nothing broken, smashed, or fallen. So I just assumed whatever he knocked over, he put back before we got up.

It wasn't until I was getting ready for work I saw three coiled coax cables that used to be on a small closet shelf, sitting on the floor. Now, you wouldn't think coax cables would make a thunderous racket, but when I picked them up and let them drop, they really did. Laminate floors, you see. So it wasn't the Cat after all. I'm still waiting for Howard to apologize to him.

I wasn't going to bake muffins tonight, but when I mentioned to Steve that I wasn't, he thought I said I was, and he got this huge hungry grin on his face. I just took a batch of really chocolatey smelling ones of the oven, and the odour is really getting to me. I am trying to come up with the best ever chocolate muffin, and if these taste as good as they smell, and aren't dry or dunchy*, then I think, by George, I've got it!

  • Breakfast - Toast and Coffee
  • Lunch - Minestrone Soup from Subway. It was very good, but I was SO hungry early afternoon.
  • Dinner - half a Pork Chop - Howard cooked but forgot to do the frozen fries in the oven, so we didn't bother.
  • Snacks - Pudding, Orange, Hot Chocolate, Muffin (and yes, they are soooo utterly delicious, with room for only a small improvement. It will happen!)
* Dunchy - my favourite way of explaining it - if you sit on a hard chair (or pew, maybe) for an hour or so, the feeling you have in your butt? that's dunchy. And you don't want your bread or muffins to be like that, believe me.

No comments:

Post a Comment