Tuesday, May 15, 2012

My Flog for May 15

Well, what is better than seeing my Eagle on the way to work this morning? Seeing that he has a smaller Eagle sitting by the nest - I wonder if they had a (ahem) sleepover last night? It would be great to see the pitter patter of little wings in the near future, but that's probably wishful thinking on my part.

Do you ever wonder why I sometimes seem a bit unenthusiastic about my job? This morning I answered the phone - now, you remember the store is in Richmond, and Richmond's population is mostly Asian.

"Good morning, Steveston Crafts 'n' More."
"Hi, I'm Chinese, I was in your store last month, do you remember me?"

Now there really isn't any answer to that question, except "No, probably not." If the caller had been from, say Mars, and had green skin and cute little bobble antennas poking from the top of her head, I would probably have remembered her. Or him. Or it.

And today, a young woman came in and showed us a picture of a sweater on her I Phone.

"Can you get me the things I need to knit this sweater?"

First of all, I Phone pictures are quite small, and eyes that need readers as well as the occasional magnifying glass don't do well with them. So between Marina and me, we managed to talk her into choosing one of our available patterns, which made it easy to find the yarn and needles needed.

And to wrap up the day - a woman spent over $100 on laces and trim to fancy up a plain cotton dress - no mention at all of all the children starving in Bangladesh. A hundred bucks. Wow. See, to me, that's unbelievable - I would have had to work more than 8 hours to make that - I'm sure glad I don't have a plain cotton dress to fancy up. I bet Howard is happy he has such a low-maintenance wife - and vice versa, of course. I wouldn't want to spend that much to fancy up one of his t-shirts, either.

  • Breakfast - Toast and Coffee
  • Lunch - Pea Soup, Muffin
  • Dinner - A&W! Mozza Burger! and Fries!
  • Snacks - I'm not going to get into that - except there were quite a few carbs involved. Well, one of the snacks I had because I am not eating enough veggies (the Carrot Cake) and I need better night vision. Another because I keep fighting the same UTI and need the Cranberries (in the muffin.) So if you leave out the stuff I'm stuffing myself with for purely health reasons, it doesn't look too bad at all. I did have an Iced Mocha (absolutely no nutritional value, I would think)

No comments:

Post a Comment