Thursday, May 10, 2012

My Flog for May 10

Another busy day in the life of Me. Spent a couple of hours this morning in My Room, and it's coming together quite nicely. Soon I'll have no excuse not to set up my computer there, although I do enjoy having it on my treasured kitchen table. After a couple drove all the way from Langley to pick up a few boxes of unwanted treasures I had posted as Free on Craigslist yesterday, my Buggy and I set off for Surrey Central Mall, Pricesmart and Dollarama.

I don't often go the mall, but I figured there would be somewhere there to get keys cut - we only have one key which fits all 4 locks on the outside doors. And there was, so I got that done. Then I passed a watch stand and asked the gal how much to put a battery in my watch. She said it depended on the watch, so I passed it to her - one I paid $10 for a couple of years ago.

"Eight dollars," she said.

"Really. Well, I'll pass, that's a bit expensive."

"So how much do you want to pay for it?"

Huh?

I answered, "I'll get it done in Richmond, there's a place that does it for $5."

Change of tune then: "Oh I'll do it for $5."

No she won't. I didn't like her way of doing business - does she size people up and decide how much they can afford, or how much they are willing to pay? Does she think she can get 'one over' on older people? I wouldn't have given her a nickel for a new battery. So if you are ever in Surrey and want to buy a new watch, or a dog tag (?) just stay clear of the broad at Watches and Dog Tags. If that's the standard way of doing business, I hope they go out of it fast.

I got a beautiful flower arrangement from two grandkids today -

- I can't understand why they moved as I was taking the pic though, as it's a bit out of focus. I also don't know what just scared the heck out of my cat - he was just hanging out by the sliding door and all of a sudden took off like the proverbial Bat Out Of Hell, up the stairs and probably curled up by daddy's feet by now. It's made me a bit nervous myself. Think I'll follow him up now.
  • Breakfast - Toast and Coffee
  • Lunch - Ham and Cheese Sandwich, Diet Coke and a Blueberry Muffin
  • Dinner - Spaghetti w/Meat Sauce, bread
  • Snacks - Chocolate Muffin - these taste tests are crazy, but I won't stop until I discover the best ever recipe - this one is pretty darn close, I must say, Yum Yum Yum

1 comment:

  1. mayhaps there was a tiny seismic event that didn't unequal your equilibrium but affected your cat and lions in some small manner

    ReplyDelete