Thursday, May 31, 2012

My Flog for May 31

Today started rainy and cold, and I had to be on the go for most of it. I hate it when paydays come on Day Offs and I have to beat it into Richmond to pick up my measly paltry little check.

I walked Chris to school in a drizzle, then headed to the bus stop on King George. After a few steps, I felt a stone - or something - in my shoe, so using a nice big tree as a balancer, I hauled off the shoe and shook it upside down. Shoe back on, and a farther bit down the street - the rock was back. This time, a narrower tree helped me out - off the shoe, shake the shoe, and this time check the sock too - it wouldn't surprise me (or my sister) to find a lone piece of (clean) kitty litter inside my sock - but no, the sock was lumpless. So off I go again - a few more steps - and the rock comes back - in my other shoe. No trees around, so I just wiggled my toes, shook my foot, and made the best of it.

Hop on the bus: $3.75

In spite of the rain, the morning warmed up nicely, so when I got off the bus at Steveston, I took off my jacket and tied it around where my waist would be if I had one. I picked up my check, went to the bank, and did some Garden Deco shopping at the two thrift stores there, then headed back to the bus stop.

Hop on the bus: $2.50

Next stop was the Richmond Centre to pick up my knitting magazines. When I got off the bus at the Richmond Centre, I realized I shouldn't have left my jacket tied around my waist, as that meant I was sitting on it all the way to the mall. Now, not only my jacket was wet - so was my butt. A truly uncomfortable feeling, and one I haven't experienced in many many years. However, walking around the mall got rid of the dampness, and I headed to the bus stop once more.

Hop on the bus: last ticket still valid

No eagle sightings today, as the Not Rush Hour buses don't take that particular highway.  It was still people packed though, and I had a hard time keeping my various purchases sitting on my lap (I may not have a waist, but I do have a lap.) I was also very tired, almost as tired as I was when I crawled out of bed this morning, with the aftermath of my gardening day lingering in every bone, joint, muscle and pore. There are also fewer stops, which makes the ride a bit shorter, but my ticket still expired before we reached the Sky Train station.

Hop on Sky Train: $2.50

I never, never, never take a bus home from the Sky Train station. If no one can pick me up, I walk. However, today I was carrying, or trying to carry, three bags, one of which was from a thrift store and never had any handles, which made it harder to grab, another heavy with magazines from Indigo Spirit - it's their buy three get one free sale, and they had three put on hold for me, so of course I had to find a free one - and the other had a couple of things that would break if I dropped them, so I went and stood in line for a bus. Got on, swiped the ticket I had purchased at 22nd Street Station - and instead of the machine going 'tweeeeet' it went ' brrrrrrb' and asked for another buck twenty-five. Seems it's two zones from New Westminster to Surrey. Guess I've been lucky so far.

Remain on the bus: $1.25

I'm scared to add up all the fares. I hope my check will cover the total.
  • Breakfast - Toast and Coffee
  • Lunch - a slice of Peanut Butter Bread and a Yogurt. I really really wanted to go to IHOP and get a Rooty Tooty Fresh and Fruity (because I like to say it) but talked myself out of it, I don't know why.
  • Dinner - a Chicken Drummie, Macaroni Salad, Oven Fries and Corn Bread
So now there's a year of my food log online, I think I'm going to change the format just a little bit and not take you through another year of toast and coffee for breakfast. I can't imagine everyone waiting with bated breath to see what I eat each day - at least I hope there's no one doing so, as that would be very scary. See you tomorrow with a (probably) slightly used number - and I may have to change the name of my blog to Tamar Finds It ... who knows? Who cares?




No comments:

Post a Comment