Friday, May 11, 2012

My Flog for May 11

I just applied for my (early) Canada Pension - yes, I do realize I'm getting old, even though I'm not quite 100 yet. I submitted Page 6, however, before I printed off Page 7, which is the Signature Page, I thought I'd check out Page 8 - and then realized I couldn't go back to Page 7, which was an important and necessary Page. So then I had to phone Service Canada and beg for help.

There was a very nice lady there to help me out. First she surprised me by telling me we - Howard and I -  have our very own postal code - no one else shares it - how special are we at all? Then she assured me I wasn't the only person who got a little bit ahead of themselves while applying online, as they had 'A Procedure' in place to rectify that particular mistake. When she finished fixing my mist.... hell, I had trouble enough writing it the first time ... she asked if there was anything else she could help me with.

I replied, "No, thanks, I haven't screwed up anything else so far today - although it's still early." She was laughing when she hung up the phone.

And, meanwhile - regarding last night's picture of my Bouquet, the flowers were indeed moving - they were drowsing off to The Land of Nod. This morning they are once again resplendent in all their glory.
After lunch, I walked up to Surrey Central on a popcorn hunt. It had to be the stuff in the little fry pan, as I don't have a microwave, which as far as I'm concerned, has 3 major uses:

  1. Storing Bread
  2. Making Popcorn
  3. Heating up Magic Bags
However, none at Zellers, so I decided to something spontaneous, and headed to Ladner via SkyTrain and bus to pick up Tanner, as he and Clayton are sleeping over tonight. On the way back, we stopped in at Safeway and got our popcorn and a box of strawberries, then walked home from there.

Clayton just got dropped off by a different grandma and their 'Staying Up Late At Nanny's House' is soon coming to an end. I don't know about them, but I'm ready to drop. Yawn. I did pop E.T. into the old VCR for Tanner, Chris and Lizzie to watch, but that didn't go over too well - seems Tanner already saw it, and the other two are a bit scared of Aliens. Oh well, it didn't seem as much fun as it did way back when, but maybe that's because I knew how it ended. Maybe I should have picked IT instead of E.T.
  • Breakfast - Toast and Coffee
  • Lunch - Ham and Cheese Sandwich, Pudding, diet Pepsi
  • Dinner - Chicken and my very own spectacular Oven Fries
  • Snacks - Popcorn, Muffin, a whopping big Strawberry, and some Minute Maid Peach whatever it is - not juice, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment