Wednesday, May 23, 2012

My Flog for May 23

Well, the countdown has begun - in two more days, I'll have been writing these little pearls of wisdom for a year - a year plus one day, as this is a Leap Year.

I was so bloody tired this morning, I actually seeped out of bed at 6:40, and that was only because I had promised a certain son I would put on a pot of coffee so he could grab a fresh To-Go Mug of it on his way to work. It wasn't until I set the smoke alarm off three times while making toast that I actually woke up.

Two cups of coffee later, I realized if I stayed home I would accomplish nothing, and probably end up back in bed doing something stupid like watching an old movie and dozing off. The thought of sleeping on one of my Day Offs scared me into going for a walk, so my buggy and I left just after ten o'clock and headed for Value Village.

Instead of heading home after, I decided to explore a bit and headed even farther away, looking for potential adventures. Hmmm. Passed an African store/restaurant, a European store/restaurant - Chinese, Malaysian (I think, it was far back in a strip mall and I didn't want to go there), Taiwanese, a couple of Tattoo places, a Pawn Shop ... Gospel Mission Thrift Store .... seedy cafe .... a fellow picking at a scab on his leg .... and finally, after turning my trusty buggy around, a young feller who was overly excited at the scooter he had just obviously bought at the pawn shop. He had previously buzzed by me on the sidewalk, turned around, and was parking it in front of the shop, where his girlfriend? mother? was waiting. According to him, it was 'F...ing great, f...ing wonderful .. ' etc etc.

As I passed I said to the female, "So, do you think he actually likes it?"

She turned, stared at me with her bleary eyes and I caught a glimpse of her scabby chin and  blood (?) encrusted nostrils - and I booted it out of there pretty fast.

When I came home, I did a Google map thingie, and found I had walked 8 kilometres. Then I got up to see to something for dinner, and discovered I could hardly move. Life is good.

  • Breakfast - Toast and Coffee
  • Lunch - Ham and Cheese Lettuce with salad greens, a San Pellegrino, and a wafer bar - and I didn't eat it - I inhaled it, I was so hungry. In fact, on the way home I was wishing I had bought a tin of beans, cos I would have just grabbed them, a can opener and a spoon and dug in.
  • Dinner - Chicken Drummies baked w/BBq sauce, Stuffing, Oven Fries, and Raisin self-saucing Pudding, Cranberry Juice
  • Snacks - a few Licorice All Sorts, but not the good ones. I made the mistake of buying them at Walmart and they only carry the crappy ones. Oh well, I won't have to worry about them much longer, as they are almost all gone now.

No comments:

Post a Comment