Wednesday, May 9, 2012

My Flog for May 8

Left work early today to do a couple of errands in Richmond - I picked up my Simply Knitting magazine, and not so important, the prescription that I was supposed to get last weekend. Oh well, as 'they' say (whoever 'they' are), better late than never.

We had two little visitors last night, as their mom had a Bingo date, and their dad had a Movie date, so it was a Tree House evening, which sent Poppy off to bed at an alarmingly early time - he's not fussy over Mike the Knight or Dora the Explorer. When the kids got tired I walked them home and jammied them up, then told them a story to settle them down. I made them both the heroes who saved their castle from a fire-breathing dragon, and they were both pretty proud of themselves. When their daddy got home about 15 minutes later, he went in to kiss them Goodnight, and Lizzie was still talking about it. At least I know my stories aren't boring, even if they may leave lots desired in a bed time story.

The first year I was teaching, I had a bunch of grade 5 students at Holy Cross Elementary in Eastport, Newfoundland, and I remember if we had a few (or a lot) of free minutes, I would make up stories on the fly and illustrate them on the board as I ad libbed along. I do remember a hugely fat uncle who drove a teeny car - anyway, I also remember a very stern principal who sometimes I would see standing outside my door and spying through the door window. That made me very nervous - I was only 18 at the time, and was tremendously shy - so it sort of took the wind out of my sails and I finally gave up doing it. I wonder if any of these kids - who would be 52 years old now - remember. I loved them all.
  • Breakfast - Toast and Coffee
  • Lunch - Chicken Veggie Soup and Yogurt
  • Dinner - Beans and Wieners, a slice of bread, and a few oven Fries
  • Snacks - Pudding, Hot Chocolate, and Muffins (yes, I know I didn't say how many - however, you will notice I only had three slices of bread. And it's not really my fault I forgot to take Steve's muffins out of my lunch bag and pass them on to him to our way to the sky train station.)

No comments:

Post a Comment