Tuesday, May 29, 2012

My Flog for May 29

Here is the future of our land:

3 young 'men?' on the Sky Train this morning, having a very loud discussion about where it is best to smoke weed. One said he would prefer home, where he could enjoy his weed and play his XBox and it wouldn't cost him anything - as opposed to going to the New Amsterdam Cafe, where I believe you can go to smoke, as long as you buy something, except weed, of course, they are not allowed to sell weed.  However, they sell everything you could possibly want or need to master the art of marijuana smoking - if you so desired. I would assume he no longer lives with his parents.

The train was packed from front to back with silent, gloomy, sleepy people, people like me who were just barely staying awake so they wouldn't miss their stop, so these voices resounded through the fog of sleep deprivation as if their owners were wearing microphones.

Well, you would think, maybe this will be the generation the girls will shine - sorry to tell you, the ride home ruled that out completely.

3 young 'ladies?' who were sitting opposite me on yet another packed train, one that had kiddies as well as almost-seniors, were talking about boys. Unfortunately, it seemed there wasn't a lot of respect on the part of either gender, as the girls' vocabulary was mostly made up of words from the B, C, F and Sh pages of the dictionary. And I don't mean the picture dictionary, either.

Now, looking back on both trips, I think I would rather spend the ride with the boys - especially when one of them emitted a very loud BAZINGA, letting everyone know they were fans of The Big Bang Theory - one of my favourite shows back when I watched TV. At least we had one thing in common.

  • Breakfast - Sausage and Egg McMuffin - weren't expecting that one, were you, now? Coffee
  • Lunch - Turkey Veggie Soup, Bread w/Becel, Yogurt
  • Dinner - a piece of Schnitzel compliments of Steve's kitchen, a banana, and a little glass of cider (Now you're all going to think I'm becoming an alcoholic. Maybe I am.)
Before I close I want to thank the parents of the hundreds of wonderful kids I've met in my life. These are the ones that give me faith in the future, and hopefully for each kid that tries to push the boundaries there will be one to soften the edges and instill respect.


No comments:

Post a Comment