Saturday, May 5, 2012

My Flog for May 5

Just came in from outdoors, where I was running around the house in my granny gown and jammie pants, looking for the Super Moon. Howard didn't understand why I went out, as we could see it from the kitchen window, the living room window, and the bedroom window. However, that meant looking at it through tree branches, and I wanted a limbless view. Very awe-some.
not MY Super Moon but very much like it - probably a cousin -
It seems like a very long day, although not because I accomplished many things. I made White Raisin Bread and Chicken Soup, and did some laundry (Howard finished installing the washer this morning.) Nikkie and I walked to Value Village in the late afternoon, and did some faint damage to a bank account. However, I knew the bread was still rising in the pans, and sure enough, when we got back, it was very high. I don't think anyone, not even Marie, can figure out how I burned my toe on the oven rack while putting the bread in the oven, but I did - you'll be happy to know it was a minor burn even if it did hurt like the dickens. Just goes to show that strange things happen to the nicest people.

We are almost all settled in our new home, and I actually found time in the last two days to sit and knit, and watch Monarch of the Glen downloads on my laptop. I have started  Easy to Knit Slippers as the floors are cold - I am not used to laminate flooring and ceramic tile. Tomorrow it's back to work for 3 days, so I don't think I'll be doing much of anything in my home-time - just sleeping and eating.

  • Breakfast - Toast and Coffee
  • Lunch - ?? - Yogurt
  • Dinner - Chicken Soup, such good Chicken Soup, and Ham & Cheese Sandwich
  • Snacks - a slice of the freshest, softest and most delicious Raisin Bread in the Whole World, a Pudding, and an Aero Mint Chocolate Bar


No comments:

Post a Comment