Friday, May 4, 2012

My Flog for May 4

Had the most calorie-burning shower in the history of mankind. Since we don't have a shower curtain in the upstairs bathroom, and the shower itself needs a thingie on the wall so it hangs and doesn't just lay on the nearby vanity like a dead snake, we use the downstairs bathroom, which has a really nice built in shower head and a pretty curtain. So when I came downstairs, I brought my towel and clothes with me, so I didn't have to run upstairs after,cold, dripping and wrapped in a towel.

So. Turned on the hot water tap, all good. Tried to turn on the cold water tap - and tried, and tried,  and tried, until my right hand said 'Give it up, won't you?' and my left hand said, 'Don't even try it.' Seems like Howard did a power twist on that bloody tap after his shower yesterday, and I couldn't budge it. So I grabbed my towel and clothes and headed back upstairs. Turned on the shower carefully so it wouldn't spray me and the bathroom head to toe - and realized my shampoo and shower soap were downstairs. So down I go again, this time wearing my towel. Back up - getting all set - realized my scrubby was downstairs. Back down. Back up.

Decided to sit for the shower experience, as I really didn't want to flood the bathroom, and it was a bit awkward, but okay, for one time only. The hardest part was getting out of the tub. That video would have reached a million hits on You Tube very quickly.

I finished emptying a few boxes this morning, and am missing some Stuff, so I have a feeling there are some missing boxes somewhere. Now all I need is a promised shelf in my Riting Room and I'm all set in there. However, I have gotten so comfortable in my kitchen with my laptop on the table, I don't know if I want to move in there at all. Oh well.

  • Breakfast - Toast and Coffee
  • Lunch - Ham and Cheese Sandwich, Pudding
  • Dinner - Oven Fries, half a sausage, and Bread and Cheese
  • Snacks - a bag of Sun Chips
Looks like I gotta hit a market soon, so I can substitute the carbs for salads and soups. I got the dead chicken for the soup, just don't have the veggies for the stock or the soup itself. Today started off with heavy rain and that took all the desire to walk to the store out of me, and after lunch when it cleared up, it was still cold and I was still lifeless. I didn't entirely waste my afternoon though - I watched some Monarch of the Glen and knitted 4, yes, FOUR, dishcloths.

And for those of you who missed this on my Face Book page - it's worth a look - I LOVE IT - Thanks, Ria!

No comments:

Post a Comment