Sunday, May 27, 2012

My Flog for May 27

What a weird day. Starting off with no computer was not good at all - well, actually, I did have the computer, but it was on its last legs and I was scared that I would push it over the edge if I wrangled any usefulness out of it. To make a sad story short, Steve came and worked his magic on it - it was so full of viruses his only option was to completely wipe it clean and start from new, so I lost my downloads and my favourites and a lot of other stuff. BUT because I have 3 blogs on  the go, I didn't lose all my words, or my pictures, or my recipes. Aren't I smrt? (as well as stupid - my computer crashed before and I still didn't bother to do a back up .... duh duh duh)

The only reason I got upset was I lost my 'new' project, which I had spent quite a few hours on last week. Oh well. It could have been a lot worse. Now I have to make a pan of Brownies, and that seems a small reward for such a big accomplishment.

Work was very slow - the only exciting thing that happened was first thing this morning, watching this guy direct traffic in front of the store. After about half an hour wondering what the hell he was up to, I went out and asked him - "What the hell are you up to?" - (well, not really these words) and he pointed to the other side of the street where there was a sinkhole. Oh. That explained it. After a while, a city truck pulled up and they played Jacks with orange cones for a while, and left.
Got off work, came home, ate dinner, and walked up to Steve's to get my laptop, then found the cat that visits occasionally in the side yard. I went up to him, with the generic 'Here, Kitty, here Kitty,' and he actually here-d. That's when I realized that he was a bag of bones under a messy coat of long hair. He is part Siamese, according to the colour of his hair, and part Persian according to his hair and his bright blue eyes. I brought him a bowl of cat food, and he ate ... and ate .. and ate. Poor little thing, now I'm pretty sure he was left behind when the previous tenants left, and he is probably wondering what the hell happened to his little world. He's such a friendly cat, he needs a loving home, and unfortunately I can't give it to him, for two reasons: first, Howard hates cats, and just barely tolerates the one we have, and second, my Kitty hates other cats and either terrorizes them or is terrorized by them. 


  • Breakfast - Toast and Coffee
  • Lunch - Veggie Sandwich, Yogurt
  • Dinner - 2 Sausages, and the last of the left-over mashed potatoes, Cranberry Juice
  • Snacks - Hot Chocolate, Scone, Granola Bar and a few Tootsie Roll candy - shoot, I keep forgetting I have a wee little bottle of Baileys - maybe I'll go get some for a bedtime snack - it may help me sleep, as I haven't been sleeping well lately at all. Yes, that's a good idea. Medicinal purposes only.  

No comments:

Post a Comment