Monday, May 28, 2012

My Flog for May 28

Good Evening from Gordon Lightfoot and me - although I guess it's Good Night for some of you, and Good Morning for more. I'm just getting the chance to sit in my Riting Room with my new used cat, who seems to be settling in quite nicely. Every now and then, he/she will come by my side for a petting, now he/she is just sitting behind me thinking how nice my room is. I guess I should come up with a generic name until I get the nerve to lift up its tail and try to determine its gender.

Morning bus ride was a seat share with a young big man who was so into reading his book, he kept elbowing me, and leaning against me every time the bus took a turn. I honestly couldn't make myself any smaller (as you know, I haven't really been trying the past few months,) so I just put up with it. As long as the book he was reading was not 50 Shades of Grey - then I probably would have moved, even though I am merely one shade of grey.

One mistake I did make this morning was bringing a container of frozen Pea Soup for lunch. There's nothing better to keep you alert on the bus than a frozen meal sitting in the bottom of your lunch bag, which is perched on your lap. Not only that, it was still frozen when I got to work - not sure what that means, but I suppose someone will come up with a suggestion. I was wide awake when we passed my Eagle's aerie, but there was no one at home, and the same was so on my way home. I guess I'm more interested in seeing him than he is in seeing me (little flashback to my youth there.)

And - I have to be more careful of my husband, as I think he may be trying to get rid of me. I was up at Steve's yesterday, when he phoned and asked me to bring down his bolt cutters from the garage. So there I was, early Sunday morning, strolling down the street with a pair of bolt cutters in my hand, not realizing, until Steve told me, that if a police cruiser had cruised by, I could have been questioned as to why I was carrying bolt cutters. I can just imagine the headline -

SENIOR-LOOKING CITIZEN ARRESTED ON POSSIBLE BICYCLE THEFT CHARGES


- and meanwhile, Howard would still be waiting to cut the piece of chain he needed to attach to the screen door so it wouldn't keep blowing open and banging against the outside porch light.

  • Breakfast - Toast and Coffee
  • Lunch - Pea Soup, Tuna Sandwich - I brought the soup, Pauline brought the sandwich, and both were really good, especially the sandwich. She put diced apple in the tuna filling - really nice (well, a whole apple would have been too lumpy...)
  • Dinner - Store bought Rotisserie Chicken, and Salad - we didn't get home until 8 o'clock, and no way was any dinner going to get cooked then, so we did the lazy thing. I still did other stuff though - washing dishes, running uphill to kiss my rugrats nighty-night, finding the cat, cleaning one litter box, and doing another, taking out garbage and recycling for tomorrow's pick up, doing a laundry for Howard, sweeping the floor, bringing down another strawberry plant from Steve's, bumping my head on the crawlspace door while getting a warm blankie to make a cat bed, mixing up cranberry juice, getting Howard's lunch ready for tomorrow, and fertilizing some house plants - I think that's about it. No wonder I'm so tired. 
  • Snacks - A cupcake, Hot Chocolate, Iced Mocha, Lemon Loaf slice, diet Pepsi - no booze tonight, I woke up this morning and could have sworn I had a hang-over. 
Well, the cat just lay down on the woolly blankie that I put under my desk, so I think I'll go lie down underneath the comforter I put on my bed. My feet are almost cold enough for me to go to bed - Howard appreciates a nice cold pair of feet on his legs at night.



No comments:

Post a Comment