Monday, May 21, 2012

My Flog for May 21

As you all know now, I have my perfect house, but we also all know there is no such thing as absolute perfection - even I can see a few little (or not so little) faults when I come downstairs. So, one of the few imperfections here is the lack of divider shelves in the freezer part of the fridge. I don't know what the previous tenants did to this house, and I'm sort of glad I don't, but one thing they must have done was take the shelves with them when they left.

Since we don't have a deep freezer - yet - it's sometimes quite a re-arranging battle when I put stuff away. Fresh bread has to go on top before it freezes, or it will end up pancakey. The best way is only to freeze flat stuff which would stack neatly - however, it's difficult to find flat meat - even the flattened chickens are lumpy. Bags of frozen fruit and veggies are even worse. But - when I mentioned to Howard we needed to find at least one shelf - there are slots for two - he said, "Nah - just pile everything in there."

Which  he was sure would work - until he opened the door to get a chilled beer and a can of Cranberry Cocktail fell on his toe.

We had a wonderful most-of-our family day - Neil and Steve and their families helped us gobble down a turkey dinner and surprise (yeah, right) belated birthday cake for Steve. It would have been perfect if Brad and his family were here too -

Grown up kids - Shannon, Neil, Steve, Nikkie
Ungrown up kids - Chris, Dominik (on his daddy's knee), Tanner, Clayton, Lizzie

Sometimes I wonder how grown up my kids really are, though -
- but he's still m'boy! And sometimes the resemblance to his daddy is really clear.
No, the cake isn't on fire. It's just that my baby boy now has enough candles on it to have the Fire Department standing on guard.

  • Breakfast - Toast and Coffee
  • Lunch - can't remember if I had lunch - I don't think I did
  • Dinner - Turkey and all the trimmings - Mashed Potatoes, Carrots, Turnip, Peas, Stuffing, Cranberry Sauce and Gravy. Birthday Cake.
  • Snacks - a few candy, 2 San Pellegrino drinks, small bag of chips

No comments:

Post a Comment