Thursday, May 17, 2012

My Flog for May 17

Second day off for me, first day for Howard, as he booked two days off so he could have an extra long weekend. Before we got up, I told him I stayed up late last night doing a list of 15 things for him to do on his Day Offs - he thought that was funny. Not really. But I told him he really only had to do one of them today, and that was to reverse the vertical blinds at the ... patio? French? I don't know what you call them - sliding glass doors in the kitchen, as they were put up backwards - the blinds, I mean, not the doors - the part of them that open are opposite to the door that slides open, so when you (meaning, I) are putting out garbage or recycling, you (meaning, I) have to slither through vinyl slats coming and going.

Later on in the morning, I asked him how many times he wanted me to remind him to do this, and he said "None." So I guess I'll be slithering for another day - or week - or month - whatever.

Oh. I just realized they slide all the way over to the end, even if it is the wrong end. Seems they were stuck and I guess I just unstuck them. I wonder should I tell him, because I really wished they opened the other way, as they don't really go a hundred percent out of the way.

Today was Cookie Baking Day - Oatmeal and Chocolate Oatmeal. While they are indeed delicious cookies, Nikkie's two little brats, who obviously inherited her taste buds (or lack thereof), decided they 'didn't like them' - even before they tasted them. So Neil has graciously accepted my offer - he just has to come over and pick some up. That way I will be sure not to eat them all, as I've already exceeded my taste test quota. I'm sure Steve will also help me out. I only hope there will be enough to share, as I only ended up with 12.8 dozen. Which isn't too bad, as the recipes said you should end up with a total of 15 dozen. I don't know how small you'd have to make them to get these numbers - but I didn't want doll-house sized cookies.
http://tamargetsstuffed.blogspot.ca/2012/05/best-by-far-oatmeal-cookies.html
http://tamargetsstuffed.blogspot.ca/2012/05/chocolate-oatmeal-cookies.html
Now the evening's drawing to a close, Howard's toddled off up the hill to Steve's (I guess he remembered Steve had beer in the fridge, come to think of it - I think he finished the last of his a couple of hours ago) and  I'm here in my favourite room - the kitchen - with Don Williams - I Believe In You - Don Williams

Life is Good indeed.

  • Breakfast - Toast and Coffee
  • Lunch - Ham and Cheese Sandwich on PWW bread
  • Dinner - Stew, Mashed Potatoes
  • Snacks - Cookies, of course. A few candy. Not many. Yogurt. Diet Pepsi. Pudding.

No comments:

Post a Comment