Wednesday, May 2, 2012

My Flog for May 2

One day over, and did I accomplish much? I don't think so. I was going to do laundry this morning, but when I went to use my brand new washer, I opened the lid and saw that a barrier of Styrofoam was staring me in the face. Removed that and saw a big black hose in the bottom of the drum. Decided to wait until some plumber or shipwright showed up.

I went to the roadside to say good morning to two little Rug Rats on their way to school, and ended up kidnapping one for most of the day. Lizzie is such a good little girl, watched TV, played with my thrift-store-I'll-knit-clothes-for-these-some-day Barbie collection, and drew some pictures - she is good company, but I didn't get as much stuff done as I had planned. Which I guess is okay as I'm tired as can be now with what I did do.

After Howard got home, we went up to Steve's for another load of Stuff, then I came home and cooked dinner. I think I'll have an early night - I'm actually looking forward to having the surround-sound effect of snore and purr.

Because I'm really too tired to write to impress you with my wit tonight, I'm re-running a poem from my Tamar's Day Off blog - just because I definitely would have a drink of Baileys and Milk tonight if I had some Baileys. I do have Milk, but it's just not the same without the Baileys, is it?

ME, DRINK?

actually I don't drink at all
well, maybe a wine cooler if it's really hot
or a shot of baileys if it's not
a sip of beer once in a while -
maybe


i can't go near a flask of gin
cos that's been known to do me in
if i got to, i'll drink bubbly stuff
but just for a wedding, one sip is enough -
usually


and for heaven's sake don't let me near
the melon soaked in vodka
because i try to eat lots of fruit

it's really good for ya - 
actually


but other than that i don't drink
well, maybe a margarita, a little one,
or maybe two or three
and then i'm done


probably
  • Breakfast - Toast and Coffee
  • Lunch - Fried Egg w/Bacon and half a slice of Bread'n'Butter
  • Dinner - 2 Chicken Drummies, Corn Bread Dressing, and Oven Baked Frozen Fries
  • Snacks - too many Muffins, Pudding

No comments:

Post a Comment