Friday, May 25, 2012

My Flog for May 25

I think I ticked off the cashier at Walmart this morning.

"Would you like to apply for...... ?"
"No, I'm just paying with cash."
"But you could apply ...... "
"No, thanky....."
"You would get...."
"Look, I just want to pay for my stuff and go home, okay?"

Jeez, it's worse than answering a phone call from a telemarketer. With them, you can just slam the phone down - unless you have a cell phone, of course. I'm glad they haven't found my cell number number, because I think I would remain frustrated if I couldn't slam the phone down. Maybe I should get an old fashioned phone just so I could do that, I don't have to get a line connected, I could just stand beside it if (when) I do get a telemarketer calling, gently end the cell phone call and slam the receiver of the desk phone. Yes, I'm definitely going do that. I think I'll watch in the thrift stores for a black old-fashioned telephone with the finger holes for dialing. It's always nice to have a purpose when one goes Thrift Store Shopping.

Meanwhile, today was very much a Skippidy Doo Da day, the warmest of all spring days so far - a bit of a breeze, but even that was warm. Walking to Walmart made me realize I'm living in a jigsaw puzzle scenic world.
So pretty it's fenced in
Scottish Broom in all its glory









Steve and the kids came to dinner, and after eating we all went to the playground at Chris's school for some good times -

where's her feet?
just a swinging...
tips from dad
















atta boy - kick!

  • Breakfast - Toast and Coffee
  • Lunch - Egg Salad Sandwich, San Pellegrino, Pudding
  • Dinner - Pork Tenderloin - a recipe I got from the internet, which called for Russian Dressing, Onion Soup Mix, and Honey. So off I toddle to Walmart to get these ingredients, and wouldn't you know it, they had no Russian Dressing. Now I have no idea what Russian Dressing is like, whether it's vinaigrette style or mayo style, so what to substitute? I figured I'd stick with the European countries, so my choices were either French or Italian, and I didn't want a pizza or pasta flavoured tenderloin (I don't know what Italian tastes like either,) so I went with the French. Worked out swell - very tasty, or in Howard's words, "It'll do." Sometimes I could hit him with the wooden spoon, I really could - Mashed Potatoes, Carrots, and Corn.
  • Snacks - Granola Bar. I can't believe that's all I ate. Maybe I should go get a snack before bedtime .... nah

No comments:

Post a Comment