Sunday, May 20, 2012

My Flog for May 20


It looks like we have lost the sunshine today - in fact there was a bit of rain - to be truthful, a lot of rain. We even had hail in Steveston, enough to almost cover the road. It was windy and cold, and I got a shock when I went outside to get my lunch and my skirt did a Marilyn Monroe thing. Thank goodness it was a tighter skirt, but the pleats on the bottom seemed to get a life of their own. I almost bought a pair of jeans at the Thrift Store, but couldn`t bring myself to even try them on without washing them first, so I just froze and shivered the day away.

That`s the last time I ask Howard for getting dressed advice, because I did ask him if I should wear tights, and he didn`t give me the proper answer. If I had known how the weather was going  to be, I would have worn warm tights and my winter boots as well. And my winter jacket. And probably gloves, hat and scarf as well.

Steveston was still busy, as it was the first day of the Farmer's Market, even if most, if not all, of the so-called 'local' produce would have been imported from south of the border. About the only thing ready to harvest locally this late spring would be weeds. I walked around about half of the market before I opened the store, and was very impressed with the size and variety of goods - everything, it seemed, except for veggies and fruit.  I was going to check out the other half during my break, but the weather was just too wintery for me. 

Talking about weeds, Steve, my favourite landscaper, and Jesse spent a couple of hours yesterday morning pimping our lawn, so now the house and its surroundings look very smart. He sprayed weed killer on all the weeds growing around the house - I had to go inside as I felt a little bad about killing all these growing things - but next weekend we should be weed-free, and that sure will beat pulling them all out by hand, as they were sort of taking over. I want to do a pot garden outside the sliding doors - and no, not that kind of pot, even though I'm told I could easily earn five grand a month and give up my transitting. I mean herbs and veggies and flowers in pots, containers, whatever. I plan on recycling containers, actually, starting with my rusty wok. 

About the only things I've done so far in that area is hang some hummingbird feeders, which so far haven't attracted any hummingbirds, but we'll be patient, and hang a Welcome sign, which I wouldn't have put up if I had known some lowlife would have made him(her?)self welcome enough to drop by and steal Howard's beer.  Maybe I should hang a Get The Hell Away sign instead. But then I may never see any hummingbirds. Seems you can't win.
  • Breakfast - Toast and Coffee
  • Lunch - Soup, Roll and Yogurt
  • Dinner - Breakfast for dinner! Love it! 2-egg Omelet, Bacon and bread`n`butter
  • Snacks - Pudding, Hot Chocolate, Peanut Butter Cookie

No comments:

Post a Comment