Thursday, May 3, 2012

My Flog for May 3

I did something today I haven't done in ages - and those of you who have been reading my flog for over 11 months will know I'm not exaggerating. See if you can catch it as you read!

After breakie, which was, by the way, just after 5 o'clock this morning, I once again got into the task of putting away - either Stuff on my shelves, or books in a bag for a young avid reader at the Steveston Bakery, or miscellaneous unwanted items in boxes for a Free Craigslist posting when it's all done. And it looks like it will soon be all done, too. It's amazing what a few hours and determination can accomplish. My only fear is that my Riting Room will soon be all ready for production, and I won't be able to produce. It's been a long time since I've found strangers in my head and made them my friends - on paper, that is. I am not going mad. Yet.

Had a few visitors on and off during the day, on their way to and from school, the kind that come in, drop their coats on the floor and head for the cartoon retreat of Tree House on TV.

Then Howard came home and surprised me with a little wee bottle of Baileys. 'Aha,' you may say to yourself, 'He read your flog last night.'

Well, no, he didn't. Before he left to go the Beer Store, I threw in a subtle hint - "Can you get me a small bottle of Baileys?" And he did. Although I haven't had any yet, and I'm heading up to bed when I get this done.

Just after he came back, when the news was about to start, I settled on the couch with a Granny Square afghan I unearthed, which I had actually forgotten I had, and promptly fell asleep - only to be wakened half an hour later by a Tiger Treat muffin maker looking for orange juice. Got rid of her (only kidding) and fell back again. I do vaguely remember Howard telling me there were sausages and onions on the stove if I wanted any supper, and that was it - until the Tiger Treat gal came knocking on the door at 8:30 with some delicious muffins, Orange and Carrot. Thanks Nikkie, they were lovely even if you did once again wake me up. Don't make a habit of it.

After that you'd think I'd be nice and alert, wouldn't you, but I'm not. Just had a snack of PBJ bread, without the J as I don't have any, and some Cranberry Juice. So now I'm heading back to Dreamland - I hope!
  • Breakfast - Toast and Coffee
  • Lunch - Chicken Sandwich, Cranberry Juice
  • Dinner - Peanut Butter Bread, Cranberry Juice
  • Snacks - 2 Muffins, Pudding, and a few Special K Cracker/Chips 

No comments:

Post a Comment